NSITE IT Essentials Program
- Entrepreneurial Initiatives
- ProMOTE (Professional Mastery of Office Technology for Empolyment)
- Contract Management Support Training Program
- Cisco Networking Academy
- NSITE IT Essentials Program
- NSITE Cybersecurity Program
- NSITE’s Customer-Centered Communications
- NSITE Sourcing Specialist Certificate Program
- Business Leaders Program (BLP)
- Future Business Leaders Programs
In Partnership with CISCO
The NSITE IT Essentials virtual training program is offered in partnership with CISCO and provides blind and low-vision participants with the knowledge and experience needed for CompTIA’s A+ certification.
CISCO certifications validate understanding of the most common hardware and software technologies in business and certify the skills necessary to support complex IT infrastructures.
Program Start Date: Tuesday, March 14th, 2023
Tuition includes 48 hours of instructor-led coursework and the cost of the A+ certification exam.
- If you are an employee of an NIB associated Nonprofit Agency, you may qualify for an NIB Training and Professional Development grant. NSITE will be able to provide additional guidance to qualified applicants.
- If you have an open case with a State Vocational Rehabilitation Agency, we can assist you in requesting tuition funding for this program through your VR Counselor.
All NSITE programs are adapted for the learning styles of blind and low-vision learners.
All may apply. However, qualified applicants who are blind or have low vision receive enrollment preference.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot computers and mobile devices
• Identify common security threats like phishing and spoofing
• Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using both real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer
• Prepare for CompTIA A+ Certification.
• Proficiency in the use of assistive technology (if applicable) and Microsoft Office suite of products
• Their own computer or laptop; this course cannot be completed through the use of publicly accessible (e.g., library) computers or mobile devices such as mobile phones or tablets
• Good computer navigation skills
• Proficiency in the ability to navigate websites
• Familiarity with the use of a variety of web browsers
• Knowhow and the ability to install programs on a computer
• An interest in learning how to work on computers – virtually.
You will need a resume and your supervisor’s or Vocational Rehabilitation counselor’s contact information to complete this application form.
- NSITE Digital Badge: IT Essentials
- CompTIA A+ Certification
After you complete the application, an NSITE team member will contact you within three weeks to set up an online interview to validate interest and readiness
Click here to apply. Applications closed NEXT Cohort Starts Fall 2023
You can also learn more by reading NIB’s article in Opportunity magazine below.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.