Cisco Networking Academy
NSITE offers the United States’ first Cisco Networking Academy adapted to the learning styles of people who are blind. The NSITE Cisco Networking Academy provides foundational knowledge of a broad range of IT fundamentals, preparing participants to pass the Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA) exam and take their IT careers in any direction they wish.
Key Components of the NSITE Cisco Networking Academy
- Accessibility. The NSITE Cisco Networking Academy has been adapted to accommodate the learning styles of people who are blind.
- Training. Receive customized instructor-led virtual training from leading IT trainers in the industry.
- Professional Certification. Participants who complete the NSITE Cisco Networking Academy become Cisco Certified Network Associates, a certification recognized throughout the IT industry. NSITE facilitates scheduling and taking the CCNA certification exam.
- Workplace Preparation. Students attending the NSITE Cisco Networking Academy participate in training and one-on-one consultations on topics from resume writing and mock interviews, to professional networking and workplace etiquette.
- Employment. After earning their Cisco Certified Network Associate certification, NSITE works to assist participants in obtaining employment in the field by leveraging partnerships within the IT community and NSITE Connect.
What is the schedule for the current program?
The 40-week instructor-led training program is conducted using a virtual classroom two days per week, from 6:00-9:00 p.m. ET. Students study and complete lab assignments on their own time.
Who is eligible for the NSITE Cisco Networking Academy?
- The NSITE Cisco Networking Academy is exclusively for people who are blind or visually impaired.
- Documentation of legal blindness is required.
- A four-year college degree with a focus in Computer Science is preferred but not required.
- Work experience in the IT field building mainframes or computers in a lab, or teaching computer security, or as certified IT employees such as A+, Security +, or Network+ can be substituted for the educational requirement.
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills using assistive technology.
- Applicants must be able to commit to an intensive 40-week training program.
To apply, please complete the application form. You will need a copy of your resume to complete the application. Questions? Email Rikki Howie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications currently CLOSED Next Cohort 2023