ProMOTE (Professional Mastery of Office Technology for Empolyment)
- Entrepreneurial Initiatives
- ProMOTE (Professional Mastery of Office Technology for Empolyment)
- Contract Management Support Training Program
- Cisco Networking Academy
- NSITE IT Essentials Program
- NSITE Cybersecurity Program
- NSITE’s Customer-Centered Communications
- NSITE Sourcing Specialist Certificate Program
- Business Leaders Program (BLP)
- Future Business Leaders Programs
NSITE’s Professional Mastery of Office Technology for Employment (ProMOTE) training program provides advanced training to assistive technology (AT) users who are blind or have low vision. Today’s office professional is inundated with information and is required to find, analyze, filter, compile, edit and distill large amounts of data from a variety of sources quickly and efficiently. To compete in this environment, assistive technology users must be a savvy computer user and keep pace with the demands of the modern office. Many users of AT have received a base level of computer training that has allowed them to perform most of their essential job and life tasks. However, these base computer skills are often not sufficient to allow them to perform at the level required in a modern office setting. This program has an exclusive focus on building up students’ fundamental skills with AT, Microsoft Office, troubleshooting skills and Internet browsing and applying these skills to project-based, time sensitive tasks that mirror what they will find in the workplace.
What are the benefits?
- ProMOTE takes students through all the most common computer related office tasks from start to finish through a mixture of formal classroom instruction and rigorous, time-sensitive project-based work.
- ProMOTE uses an innovative approach to serving transition-age youth and adults focusing on individualized and customized strategies that inspire success.
- Individuals experience opportunities to advance in career paths, similar to the opportunities to advance in career paths that their peers without disabilities receive.
What does ProMOTE teach?
ProMOTE is designed for students who have an intermediate knowledge of their AT and the computer but need additional training to compete in the modern office. All topics covered are taught from the ground up to help close any learning gaps each student might have. By the end of the four-week program, ProMOTE graduates have mastered Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as internet research and creating accessible documents.
How much is the cost of the Training?
The cost of the 100% virtual training is $4500.00.
- If you are an employee of an NIB associated Nonprofit Agency, you may qualify for an NIB Training and Professional Development grant. NSITE will be able to provide additional guidance to qualified applicants.
- If you have an open case with a State Vocational Rehabilitation Agency, we can assist you in requesting tuition funding for this program through your VR Counselor.
How can I take the training?
NSITE designed a qualification program for NIB associated agencies to be approved to conduct the ProMOTE Training. ALL PROMOTE TRAINING IS 100% VIRTUAL
Below are agencies who are delivering the virtual training:
- East Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
- Oct 16 – Nov 10, 2023
- Blind and Visually Impaired Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh
- May 1 – May 26, 2023
- September 18-October 13, 2023
- April 29- May 24, 2024
- October 7- November 1, 2024
- July 3 – July 28, 2023
- Carrol Center
- Aug 7 – Sept 1, 2023
You can also learn more about ProMOTE in the Opportunity magazine article below.
Reas the Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness article below.