NSITE Cybersecurity Program
in Partnership with CISCO
DEADLINE to Apply: November 30th, 2022
The NSITE Cybersecurity virtual training program is offered in partnership with CISCO and provides blind and low-vision participants with the knowledge and experience needed to build a foundation of cybersecurity basics and learn valuable security principles to defend networks.
Cybersecurity professionals who can protect and defend an organization’s network are in high demand.
All NSITE programs are adapted for the learning styles of blind and low-vision learners.
All may apply. However, qualified applicants who are blind or have low vision receive enrollment preference.
Program Start Date: Tuesday, May 9th, 2023
Tuition includes 15 hours of self-paced online learning and 30 hours of instructor-led coursework.
- If you are an employee of an NIB associated Nonprofit Agency, you may qualify for an NIB Training and Professional Development grant. NSITE will be able to provide additional guidance to qualified applicants.
- If you have an open case with a State Vocational Rehabilitation Agency, we can assist you in requesting tuition funding for this program through your VR Counselor.
Through the course of the two program components outlined below, participants will learn cybersecurity basics and valuable security principles to defend networks.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity – Self-paced Online Modules
Develop cybersecurity basic skills to protect your personal digital life and gain insights into the biggest security challenges companies, governments, and educational institutions face today.
- Cybersecurity Essentials – vILT with a CISCO-Certified Instructor
This course covers essential knowledge for all cybersecurity domains including information security, systems security, network security, ethics and laws, and defense and mitigation techniques used in protecting businesses.
- Successful completion of IT Essentials; or
- Demonstrated understanding of computer networks
- Demonstrated interest in IT and willingness to remain actively engaged throughout all program components
- NSITE Digital Badge: Cybersecurity